2.1 Rhetorical persuasion theory‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑1
2.2 Similarity between advertising translation and tourist translation‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑2
2.3 The translation of the name of Ten Scenes of West Lake---- from the point of view of the rhetorical persuasion theory‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑3
2.3.1Translation resorting to pathos‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑5
2.3.2Translation resorting to ethos ‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑7
2.3.3Translation resorting to logos‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑8
2.3.4 Translation resorting to identification‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑9
Application of Rhetorical Persuasion Theory in Tourist Translation----A Case Study of the Name of Ten Scenes of West Lake
Tourism is accepted as a sunrise industry in the 21st century. With the development of economy, the level of China’s opening up to the world is higher. As predicted by World Tourism Organization, China will be the biggest tourist destination country and the fourth largest tourist-exporting country by 2020.
Hangzhou has always had the good fame of “paradise on earth”. And the West Lake has been known as the resplendent one in this paradise. The ten scenes of West Lake have their particular beauty separately. Meanwhile, they can manifest the essence of Chinese classical tourist attractions as a whole. No matter how splendid an attraction is, it can hardly “go global” without drawing support from translation. Translation plays an instrumental role in foreign tourists’ understanding of Chinese culture contained in the names of tourist attractions. Nevertheless, the translation is not easy at all due to the unique Chinese literary features in the source text. Moreover, it is difficult to preserve the original beauty in target text.
Translation of Ten Scenes of West Lake has been paid close attention to for a long time. In the past people analyzed it from the perspective of faithfulness, expressiveness and elegance; perspective of cooperative principle; perspective of intercultural; perspective of functional theory of translation, etc. However, no analysis has been done ofthe translation from the perspective of rhetorical persuasion. Thus, this thesis will make an attempt to examine the use of this theory in the analysis of the translation of the name of Ten Scenes of West Lake.
- A Cognitive Analysis of Lantern Riddles in A Dream of Red Mansions毕业论文
- An Analysis of Humous Conversation Implications in The Bigbang They毕业论文
- A Study of Metaph in Public Service Advertising Viewpoint of Conceptual Blending They毕业论文
- On Literary Techniques of Creating Impossible Crime in Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None毕业论文
- A Research of Puritanism Its Influence on The Scarlet Letter毕业论文
- A Study of College Students’ English Learning Based on Smart Mobile Device毕业论文
- Death of Body, Rebirth of Spirit An Analysis of the Death Motif in Hemingway’s “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”毕业论文
- Spaces Personality An Analysis of the Protagonist’s Characterization in The Moon Sixpence毕业论文
- Humous Effect of Tongue Slips on Chinese Comedy skits毕业论文
- Beast Human An Analysis of the Monster’s Character Transfmation in Frankenstein毕业论文