跨文化传播中中国故事讲述的技巧——以漫画《从小李到老李，一个中国人的一生》为例 Study on Chinese Story Telling Techniques in Trans-culture Communication–Taking Cartoon A Chinese as an Example毕业论文
《从小李到老李—一个中国人的一生》是一部自传体漫画，讲述了在时代变迁下， 一个普通中国人一生的故事。该漫画于 2009 年率先出版于法国，一经出版受到广泛欢
迎，斩获多项大奖，并被翻译成 12 种语言在世界各地发行。
Trans-cultural communication refers to the communication between people who come from different culture backgrounds, which plays an essential role in shaping a nation’s image. Past research at home and abroad shows that nowadays cases of trans-culture communication are more common and more complicated than those of communication within a culture. Since “reform and opening-up”, China has launched many trans-culture communication activities, in which some are successful, while some are not.
A Chinese Life is an autobiographical cartoon telling a common Chinese people’s whole life stories under the change of times. The cartoon was first published in France in 2009, which was widely welcomed by readers at that time. Since its publication, it has won many international awards, and the cartoon was translated into 12 languages and published around the world.
Based on the contents of the cartoon and trans-cultural communication theory, will give an analysis of the cartoon’s popularity in foreign countries. Then it will illustrate some Chinese story telling techniques used in this cartoon. At last, the paper will offer some Chinese story telling techniques in trans-culture communication.
By this paper, the writer will get inspiration from the cases A Chinese Life, and put forward constructive suggestion for Chinese story telling techniques in trans-culture communication. Tailoring for what foreigners want, suitable expression, being balanced , objective and non-ideology is the fully embodies for Chinese story telling techniques in A Chinese Life.
Key Words: trans-culture communication; story telling techniques; A Chinese Life
- Introduction 1
- The concept of trans-culture communication 1
- Current situation of China’s trans-culture communication 1
- The cartoon A Chinese Life and its authors 2
- The international honors and achievements of A Chinese Life 3
- Factors leading to the trans-culture communication success of A Chinese Life 4
- Co-authors from two cultural backgrounds 4
- Creative cartoon form 4
- Attractive story telling techniques 4
- Chinese Story telling techniques analysis in A Chinese Life 6
- The narrator analysis 6
- The narrative methods analysis 6
- Autobiographical narrative perspective 6
- Chronological and reverse chronological narrative time 7
- The narrative techniques analysis 8
- Setting suspense 8
- Creating conflicts 9
- Capturing details 10
- Some enlightenment for Chinese story telling in trans-culture communication 11
- Tailoring for what foreigners want 11
- Suitable expression 11
- Being balanced, objective and non-ideology 12
- Conclusion 13