Under the background of globalization, the rapid economic development in China has fostered a number of opportunities for job hunters. For the graduates, a good command of English resumes’ writing can add brilliance to the potential success. However, Chinese applicants always cannot “sell” themselves successfully.
Rhetorical narration is a special narration which serves for upper-discourse. So far, a majority of rhetorical narration research still focus on literature narration, while rhetorical narration relating to English resume and some other types has been ignored, which is of significance in our practical life.
Introduction section describes the background, propose and significance of this study, and points out the writing of English resume is the main problem of applicants. Chapter one reviews the related background elementary knowledge including the rhetorical narration definition and previous studies on rhetorical narration in China and abroad. Chapter two narrates the functions of rhetorical narration in English resume. Chapter three makes a comparison about English resume content between Chinese applicants and American applicants. Through the rhetorical narration analysis from different angles, it deeply summarizes the experience and offers various significant ideas. Chapter four points out limitations of in this study. Finally, the research conclusions of the whole paper are drawn.
Key Words: English resume; rhetorical narration; differences; reasons
1 Introduction 1
2 Literature Review 2
2.1 Definition of Rhetorical Narration 2
2.2 Studies on Rhetorical Narration in China and Abroad 3
3 Rhetorical Narration in English Resume 5
3.1 English Resume and Its Communicative Function 5
3.2 Rhetorical Narration in English Resume 6
4 Different Rhetorical Narration Approaches in English Resume Writing 7
4.1 Corpus Establishment 7
4.2 Position Arrangement of Subject 8
4.3 Differences Between Illustrations of Move-step 11
4.4 Differences Between Conveyance of Value 15
5 Conclusion 16
Rhetorical Narration in English Resume
After entering WTO in 2001, China quickened his step of development in science and technology. During the past fifteen years, the strengthen in cooperation and exchanges between countries lead to the emergence of job opportunities for Chinese job hunter in the same period. Thus, the ability to build a brief, effective and convictive English resume which can catch interviewer’s attention is very important to those people who want to join foreign company or study abroad.
Rhetorical narration in English resume is manipulated by applicants to persuade and prove through telling his ability to handle the job or academic position in brief. Almost applicants pay their attention into how to fill their experience in the resume which ignore the function of rhetorical narration. Actually, rhetorical narration is a special form exists in article, no matter in novel, speech or resume. The studies about narration is mature while the rhetorical narration is unfamiliar. Thus, our study will tell the importance of rhetorical in English resume and give a direct direction in applicants’ English resume writing.
- A Cognitive Analysis of Lantern Riddles in A Dream of Red Mansions毕业论文
- An Analysis of Humous Conversation Implications in The Bigbang They毕业论文
- A Study of Metaph in Public Service Advertising Viewpoint of Conceptual Blending They毕业论文
- On Literary Techniques of Creating Impossible Crime in Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None毕业论文
- A Research of Puritanism Its Influence on The Scarlet Letter毕业论文
- A Study of College Students’ English Learning Based on Smart Mobile Device毕业论文
- Death of Body, Rebirth of Spirit An Analysis of the Death Motif in Hemingway’s “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”毕业论文
- Spaces Personality An Analysis of the Protagonist’s Characterization in The Moon Sixpence毕业论文
- Humous Effect of Tongue Slips on Chinese Comedy skits毕业论文
- Beast Human An Analysis of the Monster’s Character Transfmation in Frankenstein毕业论文